Snowy lull

I knew this was going to happen.  It has been over a month and a half, and there have been no updates here.  I started this during the last week in January, and here we are; the last week in February.  This one will be short, but much more to come.  Mid-January is a blur, but I don't want to take away from the milestones that were reached.  More wrestling, start of college for Gracie, lots of softball practice, and everything in between.  I'll try to remember what these pictures are and what was going on.  There is so much.  I left the title because at the time I started, we had just gotten about 6 inches of snow dumped on us and the Hickman tournament was canceled.  So we ended up having a weekend without a wrestling tournament, and two days of no school for Owen afterward.  The University had a remote day with no classes, which actually meant more work for me, just from home.  


Tri County Conference Tournament

I actually was able to go this year!  I knew ahead of time when it was, so I could schedule training for work around it!  Owen ended up placing 2nd to Colt West from Hallsville.  Owen had not won against him in both high school folkstyle, or freestyle.  I'll leave it at that for now.  Owen was not happy after that match.

Gracie's first day of class as a college student!

The day before Owen's conference tournament, Gracie started her college career!  I didn't see her before she went to class, but she stopped by my office before going to hit/lift or do whatever she needed to do for softball.  I was glad that I got to see her and I got a pic!

More wrestling
I think this is at Chilicothe.

Owen won the Chillicothe tournament!
2nd tournament win in his high school career.

Last year, this tournament took FOREVER, and I expected the same this year.  However, they changed the format and completed all of the girls' tournament on Friday and had 4 mats instead of just 3.  It actually ran really smoothly and we left before dark this year!  It was still a two-hour drive home, but at least we made it home well before midnight.

Peter and Owen.  What a pair

More wrestling around

These two...
Bryce is fun to watch.

Funny story at this tournament.  Owen and I were watching one of Bryce's first matches of the day, right next to his mat.  He was very obviously much better than his opponent.  He was going for a tech pin, I'm assuming.  I believe one of his goals is to break a record for take-downs, and during this match, he was taking down and letting back up until he won.  Before one of his takedowns, he looked in our direction and had the cheesiest grin on his face.  I wish I had my camera ready to go because it was hilarious.  Probably not for the other guy, but Bryce was not working very hard at all during that match.  Owen and I laughed, and I told Bryce's mom about it later.

One of Owen's matches

Home match...Probably either senior night or conference

Talking it over with coach

There is so much more to add, which I will do in a different post, but I think this takes us to the third week in January with wrestling.  It's crazy that we're almost done now.


Softball lifestyle pics
I lost track of how many media sessions they have done.
Gracie's turned out so good!



Gracie with her roommate, Jaley.
I think these two have become pretty good friends.  Jaley has been to our house and has attended high school basketball games with Gracie.  They do a lot together.


Yep, still going to watch Chase play basketball.

 I feel like there is a lot more to share about Gracie's first month of college, but I will get to all that in a different post.  Like I said, I got really behind and hopefully can catch up in the next couple of days, but this week is going to be really crazy.  There is so much going on.

Comments