Wrestling!

 I feel like I have gotten behind again.  I think I uploaded these photos over a week ago, and since then a lot has happened, included another wrestling tournament.  I'll just go with what I have here, and update more in a different post.  Wrestling season is underway, and so far, it has started well, with 2nd, 1st and 4th place finishes at Pleasant Hill, Versailles, and Harrisonville, respectively.  So far, Owen is 15-3, wrestling against some pretty talented athletes in his brackets.  He won his first varsity high school tournament at Versailles, in a 4-0 day.

Owen's wrestling pics... more at the end.

Winner!
1st Place at Versailles
He beat a state qualifier and another state place-winner from last year.

Owen earned wrestler of the week after beating a couple really tough opponents at Pleasant Hill.

Match Day Post
Owen had a lot of family come to watch him at Versailles
Gma Deb drove down from Iowa

Gma and Gpa joined us too!

The hair has been fixed since this picture.

Owen and me

Gracie came to watch...might be the only one she attends.

Take down


Team photo after the tournament
Owen missed it at Pleasant Hill - he was "degrubbing" after his last match.

Pleasant Hill
(this was actually the first tourney of the season)

Winning in a bracket match


Awkward, but whatever works.

After a match 

Another pic at Pleasant Hill

I guess I took a lot of pics during the first tournament.



The most recent tournament was at Harrisonville this past weekend.  It was another 2-day tournament, and Owen had 7 matches during the 2 days.  He was 4-0 in his pool, which put him as a 1-seed vs 2 seed in the top bracket.  His bracket was tough, and he ended up 4th, facing an undefeated, returning state champ (and 3-time state place winner) in the semi-final round.  It was rough.  The guy from Helias is really good.  Then, the 3rd place match, just didn't go all that well.  I'm sure Owen was frustrated, but gotta move on.  We have a couple weeks before the next match.  Minus the last two matches, it is really amazing how good, and much more confident, Owen looks this year.  I am excited to see what he does the rest of the season!  Keep working hard and getting better!

Nova achieved her 100th win at Pleasant Hill!
She also won that tournament!

SBC Wrestling Pics

Really?  What in the world?
I think you need to get stronger, buddy.

Owen/Dad

wrestling boys
I think this is our varsity team.  We have a few empty weights, but not much we can do about that.

Goofy kids.
This makes me laugh.

Flexin' some more

💗

One more school pic.


It is notable, as well that district and all-state football honors came out, not too long ago.  Owen was an all-district selection for linebacker.  The only non-senior from our team, and one of the only underclassmen selected for all-district from any teams.  I guess he did ok at football this year.  I did not see it coming, which probably is the product of my lack of football knowledge/awareness.  I was told that he had the most tackles of the LBs on the team.  No idea what that number is.  Sorry buddy.

I am even more proud of his achievement as an Academic All-State football player.  Again, I do not know what the requirements/qualifications are, but he was one of only four athletes on our team who achieved this.  I never saw a graphic for it, just a list on the Facebook page.  It is pretty commendable that he finished his 3rd high school semester in a row with a 4.0.  Keep doing great things, Owen!


I will get more updates soon.  It has been another busy week, and a lot more to come this week with Christmas and a graduation party!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG NEWS

Closure for High School Softball

Fall Sports Conclude