Homecoming Week 2025

I'm so glad they had someone take a pic at the dance.
They were in completely different places prior to the dance.
Last High School Dance for Gracie.

Just 1 year ago...I thought he looked grown up last year.
Can't believe how much Owen has changed.

The cheerleader got out house
They did a good job.
What's funny, is that they send a form out to the parents of football players to ask permission.
They were on our ring camera at about 10:30pm the night before.  They tried to cover it up, but they also were not very quiet.

Ruby was confused.
She didn't connect the commotion at 10:45 from the night before

My goodness it was a beautiful morning.

We got the TP cleaned up right before rain and storms came through that morning.

More pics of homecoming morning.

April took this from her house.  You can see our barn
It rained for a couple hours, then was pleasant the rest of the day.

Homecoming parade.
Owen looks so excited to be on the football float.

Another pic of the football float.
There were actually 2 trailers of football boys.

Nick riding in the truck pulling the softball team.

Gracie looks about as excited as Owen.


I kind of wanted to take a nap in the afternoon before the football game, but we headed to the high school around 5:30 or so to socialize.  We came out with a homecoming win at the end of the night.

Pre-game coin flip

It was a good game and I think Owen played well.  He never has much to say when asked; everything is "alright." 

How was school today? "alright."
And practice, how did that go?  "alright."
Did you have fun at Klife small group?  "It was alright."

Should I be concerned?

Anyhooo... we had a few late nights in a row with homecoming festivities.  Kids were home around 11:30 both Friday and Saturday nights, which I should not complain about.  I think my senior year I didn't have a curfew and I took full advantage.  

Gracie had a full day of getting ready for the dance.  She went to Brenna's to get her nails done in the morning, then went to Andersyn's in the afternoon for hair.  It is very fitting that she was there for her first junior high dance to get ready, then ended there for her last high school dance.  The girls looked beautiful.  I went out there to take pics of the boys picking them up.  (Brook, Gracie, Andersyn).  I stopped back at home before Owen left to meet Kellen, Knox, and Denton.  Rowan had a date, as did Kai, so they met up later.

I caught Owen before he left, then Nick sent a picture to me.  He did his duty and went over to Drummonds' so he could get a picture of the boys.

Owen...love this kid.

Denton, Kellen, Owen, Knox
Their plan was to go out to eat then head to the dance.  I believe they chose Jose Jalepeno's.  Guess they didn't want to drive very far.  April and I tried to catch them when we came back from Jeff City, but they were already gone.

Love my girl, too.

I'm pretty sure this is the only picture that Nick has taken with Gracie before a dance.
Not sure how he has managed to stay away from the pre-dance hoopla for 5 years.

Chase came.
This looks like Gracie is putting the flower on, but she definitely didn't.


4th Homecoming together.
Not sure how many dances, but the first was in spring of their 8th grade year.

Picture at the capital

More pics at the governors garden


8th Grade through seniors - CRAZY
8th grade, freshman homecoming, freshman courtwarming, sophomore homecoming, junior homecoming, junior prom.



                       



Found this gem from 8th grade

Here they are... seniors
Love these two!

They are so adorable

Gracie found Zoe and Emilee!!

Gracie, Brook, and Drew

Andersyn, Gracie, and Drew

The girls and their dates

?

Chase and Gracie

Gracie, Chase, Brook, and Corbin went to eat at hibachi steakhouse in Jeff City before returning to the dance in Ashland.  They stayed at the dance until after 9:30, which is pretty good.  Gracie said it was actually pretty fun!  Then they came back and hung out at Chase's, and Gracie was home by 11:30pm.

Owen was about a half hour before that.  He had gone to Rowan's with intentions of staying there all night, but said they were all falling asleep, so he came home.  

Back at Andersyn's for a minute after the dance.  I'm sure Gracie was quick to get out of the dress.

This is from earlier in the week on senior night for softball

 
Soulja Boy
I sent this to Nick and he said they are idiots.
No injuries occurred.

Nick had a good video of Owen playing.
Happy he can get some of these.  
I think I've done my share of softball and wrestling recording.

It's been another week.  We're into the last stage of softball... District championship is on Monday.  So is the last JV football game.  We have two more regular-season varsity football games.  Wrestling starts November 10.  I think Owen is looking forward to it.  We are starting to look at graduation things and what happens after signing day for Gracie.  So much will be happening in the next two months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG NEWS

Closure for High School Softball

Fall Sports Conclude