All in a Week

I am already behind since I added pictures.  So much happens at the end of August and every year it is a struggle to keep up.  Rodeo, birthdays, softball games, football games, school.  Everything started and we are going about 100 mph again.  So, I'll work through the week of birthdays and the start of school.

Owen was the only one from our family to attend the rodeo this year.
I had worked all day facilitating training for tutors and Nick/Gracie had a softball scrimmage in the morning. The previous night we attended the JC football jamboree and Owen survived that this year, unscathed.  There was an incident with Gracie driving Chase's car, but all is well and lessons were learned.  We carry on.  Owen had fun at the rodeo and I had an uneventful evening, which was very welcome.  Two of three training sessions checked off!

Sneak peak of Gracie's senior photo session.
I have so many pictures and I can't wait to put them all in here!

Owen is finally 15!!!!
Happy birthday Owen!

He kept it simple this year.  He didn't have school, so Nick took him to Jeff City after morning softball practice to get his permit.  He passed and can now start learning to drive.  He just requested burgers and cheesecake for his birthday, so we had dinner at home!

Yay!!!

Opening all the haul.

And making a mess.
He seemed satisfied except for the shorts; size small and fit like spandex.
Had to send those back.

Here we are, first day of school 2025
Last first day of Southern Boone for Gracie

Gracie - Senior
Owen - Sophomore
The jeans were decorated a couple weeks prior.  The girls had fun together, even though the backs are not finished.  Maybe by senior sunset in May.

It actually started around 6am for Gracie
Senior sunrise at the football field

Nova and Gracie

Gracie and Chase
He just keeps getting taller.
And she doesn't.

Decorated car
Ready for the first day.


Make sure you "respect your elders."

MIZ is waiting...

Ruby sure did not want them to leave.
I'm sure it's a tough adjustment after having her people home during the summer.


Next up... First Mizzou football game.  I did not attend, but Gracie went with Chase and his dad.  Nick was on call for the construction site at the north end zone, so he had access to everywhere, which he is no stranger to.  Chase and Gracie were excited to get on the field again, of course.

First Mizzou game was pretty one-sided, but they had a lot of fun!

Owen and I went across the road to Talleys' for their first Thursday night SBC football team meal.  They had volleyball set up, there was commotion at their pond and many teenage boys in the pond. They played bags, watched the Mizzou game and sat by a fire for awhile. There was no school on Friday, so I think kids were over there pretty late, but Owen came home around 10:30.  Gracie was also home around that time after the Mizzou game.  A nice end to the first week (or three days) of school.

AND... First Southern Boone High School game for Owen!
After a season of injury, he had his first varsity game.
He plays on special teams and is a starter on defense.

FNL!!!  It was a beautiful night for a football game!
Nick and I both got to go.  Gracie stayed home because we were over and hour and half away and her first softball tournament started at 9am the following morning.

Owen defending

Outside linebacker

I will not pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to football.
I have much to learn, but I know that Owen loves it.

Post game conference with defensive players
We had a pretty rough first quarter, but came alive about 1/2 way through the 2nd qtr.
After giving up 21 points, we only allowed 7 more after the 1st, and outscored Odessa for the rest of the game.  I think the final score was 28-13.  
Owen had his first sac and had a couple other tackles.
I'm trying really hard to follow everything, but there is so much going on.

Owen after the game


It was a pretty late night, and then an early morning.  Nick left for the school to load buses with the softball team by 7am, for their 9am game in Hallsville.  I was not too far behind.  Owen rode with Chase to the 2nd game and arrived around lunchtime.  

Hallsville 2026
Brought back memories from 2022 when we won the tournament Gracie's freshman year.
Lunch with the team

This also happened to be Gracie's day to celebrate!
Coach Wren was so nice to give her a can of spam for her birthday!

We had to have a cookie cake!

Then focused on the next game.
Games were not pretty, but SBC pulled off some gritty wins to take the tournament!
So excited to start the season 3-0!

Few but mighty.

Gracie and Brook are such hams.

I'm bummed that I missed a pic with Nova included,
but I just love these two.
Nova, Brook, and Gracie were three that were originally on varsity their freshman year.
The tournament was rained out their sophomore year, last year they had a 2nd round loss to New Bloomfield, so took third last year.
At the top again.

Pic with the coach

Ironically, we played New Bloomfield in the championship this year and won!
Gracie has known Myah for a very long time and this might be their last competition against each other.
Myah will be going to Lindenwood to continue playing softball next year in college.

I think there will be a lot of hugs this season.
We have come to know so many great families through this sport.

Finally at the end of the day we got to celebrate Gracie!
It was much too early before the tournament.
Happy birthday beautiful girl!

Last birthday living at home with us.  Cannot believe this girl is 17.
😢😁😟😊
Now Gracie gets the haul.

Chase came over for the evening and also joined us for Mexican at Jose's.


LAKE TIME!
So glad this worked out again this year!  We had the whole family with us to take a boat ride to Reefers.  Anna and her family were there, so lots of kids and laughs for the afternoon.

Chilling down below.
It was not a great day and rained for a lot of the ride, but still fun to be with everyone!
The kids swam off the dock and we had a great time catching up.

Grandpa Tom, Gracie, Annie, and Kaia

Gracie with the captain

All of us after a great day!


So, this is through Labor Day weekend.  No work/school on Sept 1, but Owen had a JV game and Gracie had practice that night.  I have also received all of Gracie's pics from her senior photo shoot.  I can't wait to get those all uploaded.  We have also had more softball and football.  Another week full of activities and work!  More of the same this week!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG NEWS

Closure for High School Softball

Fall Sports Conclude