Enough Stuff?
Track, Softball, a little basketball, soccer, and baseball... Can we do more?
After returning from vacation, we hit the ground sprinting. The last month has been a little crazy, to say the least. There were a couple days I looked at my calendar and did not know how we were going to do it all. Thank goodness for friends/neighbors who are willing to help out!
Oh, yes...this was the extent of my birthday festivities.
Gracie agreed to do one more basketball tournament after vacation. So we spent the weekend going back and forth to St. Louis. It was interesting. There was a lot of good competition there. I'm hoping that Gracie has had fun, but I know she is looking forward to going back to her Southern Boone team, for sure! We'll see if she wants to pick it up again after softball has slowed down.
Throwing in to Hayden
More of the basketball weekend. The girls ended up getting one win. It was a tough weekend.
Sometimes you just need to have a nerf gun war.
Owen is totally prepared.
Owen's first soccer game.
Owen is a defender most of the time.
He had one Saturday that he played some offense and he was soooo tired afterward. He took one shot at the goal, but it didn't go in. He had a yellow card in his first game. oops. At least he's aggressive and he didn't hurt anyone, I guess.
#12
Trying to dribble the ball???
Not sure what happened here
More chasing after the ball.
This looks like a header, but I don't think that's what actually happened.
Anyhooo.... this is what I've been watching on Saturdays. It's something to do until baseball games start, I guess.
That being said...baseball practices have also been going on and games start next week. They are also playing 12U for league games and they will be 90 minutes this year. Should be interesting.
A little softball...There were a few scrimmages before the first tournament in Columbia. Moving up to 14A is proving to be more challenging this year. The Galaxy team has only won two games so far this year, but the girls keep getting better. Most of their games are pretty close, so they are competing; just haven't gotten over the hump yet.
Gracie rounding 3rd
Getting some advice from her dad.
Or maybe she is giving him some advice?
Gracie hit another homerun at the tournament in KC last weekend. I wasn't there for it, but one of the other mom's sent this to me. Last weekend was exhausting. Gracie and Nick left Saturday morning and played 4 games in KC. I took Owen to Moberly for two soccer games and then we drove over to KC, as well. The last game finished around 10pm. Owen stayed with Nick and I drove home to take care of animals. The girls were 2-2 coming out of pool play and had an 8:30am game on Sunday morning. Needless to say, I didn't make it back, but sure was proud when I heard she hit one out.
It was a tied game going into the last inning and then a girl from the opposing team hit a 3-run shot over that huge fence in left field. That just kept them going and we weren't able to recover.
I did get to see 2 games on Saturday evening.
Gracie did amazing over the weekend and was hitting .750 I believe for these 5 games.
TRACK&FIELD
Track practices actually started the first week in March, but Gracie didn't compete until after spring break. There was one meet during spring break, but she agreed that it was more important for us to go on vacation to Florida. So, I believe that there have been a total of 6 track meets; 2 of them canceled and I believe the last one will be rescheduled. Gracie has been doing mainly throwing and long jump. She places top 6 in most meets for shot and disc. She has competed in 2-4x100 relays; one was with her fellow throwers, which was fun. They did a co-ed race and the girls throwers beat a couple teams with boys in it.
anchor leg of the throwers 4x100
Long jumping
Throwing the shot
More throwing
She has also thrown discus at every meet, but I can never get good pictures of that.
One of the other moms has a much better camera than mine and sent me these pictures of long jump. I love the facial expressions.
The last track meet was supposed to be yesterday, but was canceled due to weather and will not be rescheduled. So, that's a wrap on track 2021.
This is what Owen and I did while Nick and Gracie were in Illinois for a tournament that was rained out. That is a pallet (65 bags) of mulch. The guy at WalMart looked at me like I was a crazy person.
I was sore. But the landscaping looks better around our house.
On to our next things... We have started Little League games and Owen starts baseball tonight. Should be fun!


























Comments