Winter Begins
Yep, it's been a long time again and I haven't updated. I just realized that I hadn't published these pictures for all to see. This dates back to the end of October. I can't believe we are already into the 2nd week of December and almost done with the fall semester. It has gone so quickly!
These are the mushrooms that we created for the Smurf's theme at Monster Bash. They would have been part of our dugout decorations. Unfortunately it never happened, as the weather did not cooperate. Oh, well. Maybe next year. It was a very anticlimactic end to the season.
Halloween! Gracie wore her penguin costume again this year. She was very undecided on a costume and decided to wear it trick or treating at the last minute.
Owen went as a Dementor from Harry Potter.
Pretty scary.
They were a bit tired after the evening.
I can't remember exactly when this happened, but we had a fun night of burning stuff.
Both a small fire and a big fire!
Small fire
The smaller kitties joined us, but Tom hadn't come down. I went up to the garage and brought him down so he could enjoy, too. He's getting a little lazy in his old age.
Big fire
We burned the pallets and chairs.
Basketball begins!!!
Gracie's Southern Boone team is competing in a league in Jefferson City this year. It has provided more competition, and the games are fun to watch. They have a record of 4-2 so far and play one more game next Sunday. I'm hoping that they will do some tournament after the holidays. They are fun to watch!
I am always amazed at how high she can jump.
Ruby was a little naughty.
Other than the occasional stealing of socks and underwear, she does pretty well. We don't really trust her enough to leave her out in the house by herself yet for obvious reasons. She hasn't really destroyed anything that isn't hers yet, though.
More progress on the barn
It has a roof and the north/west walls are enclosed with plywood for a wind break.
Different view
More basketball
Some of these pictures are with her Ashland team and some are with the team from Boonville. The Boonville team has played in 2 tournaments so far this fall. They struggle a little bit because they aren't really practicing together a whole lot. They have a lot of fun together too.
Gracie posting up.
Jumping for the rebound.
Here are the Ashland girls
I love this picture.
Gracie's smile cracks me up, as she's watching her teammate block the ball.
Shooting free throws.
More rebounding
I took this just to recognize the size difference.
Yes, this is still 6th grade.
I think Gracie can still jump higher.
Again...note the difference.
However, the girl on the left side of the picture gave Gracie a little more competition. I haven't seen Gracie so frustrated in a long time.
They ended up losing this game by one point. :(
Fighting for the ball.
Waiting for the game to start.
I guess this is how they relax and bond.
Hayden and Gracie smiling
I think they placed second here.
This is the combined team with girls from Boonville.
Gracie with her friends Sadie and Hayden.
I love sunrises. What a beautiful morning.
Wrestling begins
Owen scrimmaged before a Mizzou home meet.
He was excited to start competing and finished his first tournament this past weekend.
I'll post pictures soon (hopefully)
Owen loves Ruby. Ruby usually sleeps up in his room with him.
It's a gun shooting kind of day.
We had an afternoon that was beautiful and we were actually at home. Nick shot clay pigeons and set up targets for the kids to try to hit. It had been awhile since Nick had his guns out and I'm glad that they got outside to have some fun.
Showing them how to load it.
I don't think Nick let them shoot the 12 gauge, but let them shoot the 22.
Showing Gracie how to aim.
More teaching.
Owen has the bb gun.
Owen's turn to try to hit the targets.
The last pictures here were taken November 24, so I guess it's only been a couple weeks. But obviously the Halloween pictures were a while ago. Since then we've had more basketball and wrestling tournaments have started. Nick and I hosted Thanksgiving again this year and Owen ran his first 5k. Annie and Chad stayed for awhile and we made a trip to the lake for the first time in awhile. We have started getting ready for Christmas and Santa. We will head up to Iowa a couple times in the next few weeks!































Comments