Sold!
I debated on whether to have the title of this post be "Sold" or "Homeless" and decided "sold" was the more optimistic perspective. We had an offer on our house and have reached a selling price with the buyer. Their financing just has to get fully approved and it will be a done deal. If all goes through, we will have to be moved out by April 27. We are currently deciding if we are going to buy a house or try to build. We have looked at a couple houses out in the country, but none that we want to buy yet.
On a different note, Owen just had his 6 month check up Monday and he is doing great! He is starting to try to pull himself up on things and can do sit ups if you hold his legs. He's not really crawling yet, but moves all over the place. He kind of swivels to get to where he wants to go. He has started getting on his hands and knees and kind of rocking like he wants to get somewhere, so I'm sure it won't be long, He is now 19 lbs 13 oz and 27 inches long. He has been doing really well for the past few weeks with sleeping and has established a pretty regular daytime schedule. Owen had two teeth come through on February 24, so he has been dealing with that, too. He has started to eat some real baby foods like squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, along with he cereal. He seems to like everything we have given him so far. I tried to let him taste a little bit of my frosting and he made a really weird face and almost spit it out. Definitely not my child. When I did that for Gracie, she lunged for more. :)
Gracie got in trouble at day care last week for the first time. Her teacher told me that someone came to pick up their kid and she bolted out the door. She was also being ornary and not listening. She does that all the time at home, so I am really not that surprised. She said that they tried sitting her in a time out next to the teacher's desk, but Gracie just sat there and sang and clapped her hands. I told them the only thing that has worked for us has been putting her in the corner. She really does not like that. Otherwise Gracie has been her usual self. She entertains us everyday. Her favorite movie is still Monsters Inc and she wants to watch it all the time. I got to take them for a walk last weekend when it got a little bit warmer out. It was so nice to get outside, but of course it has snowed again sice then.
Our wrestling season is over now. We placed 3rd at State Duals and Nick seemed ok with that. They also announced that the head coaches are resigning, so Nick will have to decide if he wants to apply for that position next year.
Let's see, what else is going on... We visited Nick's mom over the weekend and also saw my parents down at Grandma Jeanne's. This weekend is the Big 12 conference wrestling meet that ISU is hosting in Ames. That will be all day on Saturday, with finals starting at 7pm. Sunday is the Ballard wrestling banquet, but other than that, we don't have a lot going on. A week from today Nick and I leave for Colorado! I'm so excited to get out of Iowa, even if it is only for a few days.
I have a few pictures, but I don't have my camera with me, so I will post those later. Just wanted to give an update on how things are going.
On a different note, Owen just had his 6 month check up Monday and he is doing great! He is starting to try to pull himself up on things and can do sit ups if you hold his legs. He's not really crawling yet, but moves all over the place. He kind of swivels to get to where he wants to go. He has started getting on his hands and knees and kind of rocking like he wants to get somewhere, so I'm sure it won't be long, He is now 19 lbs 13 oz and 27 inches long. He has been doing really well for the past few weeks with sleeping and has established a pretty regular daytime schedule. Owen had two teeth come through on February 24, so he has been dealing with that, too. He has started to eat some real baby foods like squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, along with he cereal. He seems to like everything we have given him so far. I tried to let him taste a little bit of my frosting and he made a really weird face and almost spit it out. Definitely not my child. When I did that for Gracie, she lunged for more. :)
Gracie got in trouble at day care last week for the first time. Her teacher told me that someone came to pick up their kid and she bolted out the door. She was also being ornary and not listening. She does that all the time at home, so I am really not that surprised. She said that they tried sitting her in a time out next to the teacher's desk, but Gracie just sat there and sang and clapped her hands. I told them the only thing that has worked for us has been putting her in the corner. She really does not like that. Otherwise Gracie has been her usual self. She entertains us everyday. Her favorite movie is still Monsters Inc and she wants to watch it all the time. I got to take them for a walk last weekend when it got a little bit warmer out. It was so nice to get outside, but of course it has snowed again sice then.
Our wrestling season is over now. We placed 3rd at State Duals and Nick seemed ok with that. They also announced that the head coaches are resigning, so Nick will have to decide if he wants to apply for that position next year.
Let's see, what else is going on... We visited Nick's mom over the weekend and also saw my parents down at Grandma Jeanne's. This weekend is the Big 12 conference wrestling meet that ISU is hosting in Ames. That will be all day on Saturday, with finals starting at 7pm. Sunday is the Ballard wrestling banquet, but other than that, we don't have a lot going on. A week from today Nick and I leave for Colorado! I'm so excited to get out of Iowa, even if it is only for a few days.
I have a few pictures, but I don't have my camera with me, so I will post those later. Just wanted to give an update on how things are going.
Comments