Well, starting where we left off, Nick had his weekend in Kansas City. I got to go see my friends in Cedar Falls and also got to look around at the mall up there. Owen didn't sleep the best while Nick was gone, but we survived. Gracie had a great time with her Gramma and the rest of the clan down there. Nick came home on Saturday night and I think he actually beat me home from the Merrills'.
Last weekend was another home football game which Nick had to work at. He came home early, though because he wasn't feeling very well. And by early, I mean 10:30pm. He wasn't even able to play softball the next day. While Nick was at work Gracie, Owen, and I got to hang out all day. It was raining, so we had to stay inside for most of the day. Luckily in the evening it started to clear up so I could take them for a walk.
This past week, my mom came to visit from Monday until Thursday. I am so glad she did, too, because Owen wasn't feeling the best and was pretty upset for two days. It was so nice to have her here to help out. We went shopping on Tuesday and on Wednesday she stayed with Owen while I met Nick's mom and sister to go shopping and have lunch. Then they came up to visit for a little while. My mom and I went down to Nick's mom's on Thursday with both Owen and Gracie so my mom could see the new kitchen down there. Owen was starting to feel better, thank goodness, but by Friday, Gracie didn't feel good and was sent home early from daycare after she threw up. However, 20 minutes after she got home, she had recovered and was acting fine again. She is so resilient.
Yesterday was a big day. My sister and Chad came on Friday night to stay with us and were here in the morning yesterday. Then another one of my friends and her daughter came to visit for a little bit in the afternoon. Nick's sister offered to babysit last night and I got to go to the football game to watch ISU beat TX Tech! It was great! I met one of my friends there and we had a pretty good time. I even got to see Nick for a little bit. That doesn't happen very often. Both Owen and Gracie did fine with Steph. Of course Gracie loved that Steph brought her kids with her.
Today we have church this morning and softball in the afternoon, then it is one more week of staying home. I can't believe I go back to work in a week. I will have to make the most of it this week! It doesn't seem possible that Owen is already over a month old.
Owen is continuing to change, and each day he is showing more personality. He is smiling so much more now and seems to be happy most of the time. (except when he didn't feel well for a couple days.) He is still up every 3-4 hours at night and eats every three hours during the day. He is pretty consistent with this, which is good and makes life somewhat predictable. He went shopping with me on Friday for a little bit and did great. I was able to get a lot of stuff. I had some birthdays to shop for that I had put off.
Gracie is about the same. She makes us laugh every day. She is very entertaining most of the time and it's hard to be mad at her when she is naughty, which also happens almost daily. She is able to sit on the stool to eat with us and we rarely need to use her high chair now. She is still a good eater and is not picky with food. We're very lucky with that. I know that when I was a toddler I would not eat anything. That must have been very frustrating for my parents! Gracie continues to have tons of energy and does really well as long as we keep her busy. She likes to draw and play with stickers. She has babies that she will push around in their stroller. She loves playing with play-dough, but still gets in trouble with it for either playing on the floor with it or eating it. She does a lot better with not eating it than she used to, though. We're still working on the potty training. As I'm writing this, I'm also watching Gracie poop in her diaper. Nice. She will go in the potty, but also still goes in her diaper and doesn't seem to mind. One day at a time.....
Nick and I celebrate our 8th anniversary this week. Where has the time gone? I also can't believe that we have been in the same house for 6 years. Our upstairs bathroom is almost done. It is taking forever. We just need to get everything hooked up and finish up the trim. Then is will be a functional second bathroom. Maybe we can do that this week. It is supposed to be another nice week with weather, so hopefully we can get some work done outside. Maybe I'll get lucky and Nick will take some time off work. That is probably wishful thinking, though. :)
Comments